This is the 25th Spanish lesson in the Pre-Intermediate Spanish Practice Course. This is an interactive Spanish video where you have the opportunity to practice Spanish at pre-intermediate level with a native Spanish speaker.
In this interactive Spanish video lesson we will look more into the use of the present perfect grammar tense in Spanish El Pretérito Perfecto. This is the grammar tense that is used to describe things that “have been done” – for example – “I have worked a lot this summer” is “He trabajado mucho este verano”. This is the third in a series of five video lessons on the topic of the Spanish Present Perfect El Pretérito Perfecto, which is a fundamental Spanish grammar tense and one that you will use a lot in everyday conversation. In this lesson I will give you various sentences that use El Pretérito Perfecto or the Present Perfect in English and I would like you to see if you can understand and translate them.
Please try to watch the video first before looking at the lesson notes. Answers to all tasks involved in the lesson will be given at the end of the post. Try not to look at the answers until you have tried a good few times to give your own responses.
This lesson practices the information taught in Pre-Intermediate Spanish Lesson 25: More about how to use El Pretérito Perfecto the Spanish Present Perfect from my Pre-Intermediate Spanish Course.
Voy a decir algunas frases en español utilizando El Pretérito Perfecto y quiero que me digas en inglés lo que he dicho:
I am going to say a few sentences in Spanish using El Pretérito Perfecto and I would like you to tell me what I have said in English:
1. Esta mañana me he levantado a las ocho
2. Hace un rato hemos visto la televisión
3. Este verano Sonia ha viajado a Barcelona
4. Carlos ha trabajado mucho hoy
5. ¿Han vivido ustedes en España?
6. Isabel y María han cenado hace una hora
7. ¿Has visto a Antonio?
8. Hemos vuelto a casa a las cinco
Ahora voy a decir algunas frases en inglés utilizando El Pretérito Perfecto y tienes que traducirlas a español:
Now I am going to say a few sentences in English using El Pretérito Perfecto and I would like you to translate them to Spanish:
1. I have studied a lot this morning
2. We have bought apples in the fruit shop
3. Have you talked to your sister today? (one person/informal)
4. Ana and Paula have played football this afternoon
5. Have you seen my son in the shop?
6. I haven´t worked this month
7. Elena has made a paella
8. We have drunk coffee
1. This morning I got up at eight o´clock
2. A while ago we watched TV
3. This summer Sonia travelled to Barcelona
4. Carlos has worked a lot today
5. Have you lived in Spain?
6. Isabel and María had dinner one hour ago
7. Have you seen Antonio?
8. We returned home at five o´clock
1. He estudiado mucho esta mañana
2. Hemos comprador manzanas en la frutería
3. ¿Has hablado con tu hermana hoy?
4. Ana y Paula han jugado al fútbol esta tarde
5. ¿Has visto a mi hijo en la tienda?
6. No he trabajado este mes
7. Elena ha hecho una paella
8. Hemos bebido café