This is the 1st Spanish lesson in the Pre-Intermediate Spanish Practice Course. This is an interactive Spanish video where you have the opportunity to practice Spanish at pre-intermediate level with a native Spanish speaker.
In this Spanish lesson we will practice talking about things you like in Spanish using the Spanish verb To like – El verbo Gustar. In the original theory lesson we learned how to conjugate El verbo Gustar and now I will give you various situations to practice making sentences with it. Gustar is one of those essential Spanish verbs that you hear all the time and it also happens to be one of the trickier ones to get your head around if you are an English speaker. In English you say, for example, “I like chocolate” whereas in Spanish we would make the same sentence in a different fashion and say “Chocolate pleases me” – “A mí me gusta el chocolate”. You have to get yourself used to thinking of the sentences in a different way. I hear many students initially making the common mistake of saying “Yo gusto…” Be careful with this and practice as much as you can using El verbo Gustar. I hope my video lesson helps!
Please try to watch the video first before looking at the lesson notes. Answers to all tasks involved in the lesson will be given at the end of the post. Try not to look at the answers until you have tried a good few times to give your own responses.
This lesson practices the information taught in Pre-Intermediate Spanish Lesson 1: Talking about things you like in Spanish from my Pre-Intermediate Spanish Course.
Contesta las siguientes preguntas:
Answer the following questions:
(For example, if I say: “¿A Silvia le gusta el café?” which means “Does Silvia like coffee?” and afterwards I say “Answer that she does”, you should say “Sí, le gusta el café” which means “Yes, she likes coffee”)
1. ¿Les gusta a ustedes el pescado? (answer that you do not)
2. ¿Te gusta el chocolate? (answer that you do)
3. ¿A tus amigos les gusta escuchar música? (answer that they do)
4. ¿Le gusta a usted la pizza? (answer that you do not)
5. ¿Qué le gusta a María? (la pasta)
6. ¿Qué les gusta a ustedes? (ver la televisión)
7. ¿Os gusta ir a la playa? (answer that you do not)
8. ¿Le gusta a Carlos ir al monte? (answer that he does)
1. No, no nos gusta el pescado
2. Sí, me gusta el chocolate
3. Sí, a mis amigos les gusta escuchar música
4. No, no me gusta la pizza
5. A María le gusta la pasta
6. Nos gusta ver la televisión
7. No, no nos gusta ir a la playa
8. Sí, a Carlos le gusta ir al monte