This lesson is part of the Beginner Spanish Practice Course
(58 Spanish video or mp3 lessons. 2 hrs 28 mins)
This is an interactive Spanish video where you have the opportunity to practice Spanish at beginner level with a native Spanish speaker.
In this Beginner Spanish Practice Lesson you have the opportunity to practice Present tense irregular Spanish verbs which change with the first person (Yo/I), such as Conocer, Saber, Traducir, Dar, and Hacer. These tricky verbs are regular in all instances except with the first person (Yo/I). You might think, for example, that “I know” would be: “Yo conoco”. This would be the most logical conjugation (modification of the verb from its base form) following the rules of conjugating “regular” Spanish verbs in the present tense. However, with “Conocer” (and other verbs we will see in this lesson) the verb conjugation/modification is quite different and we say: “Yo conozco”. This is the fourth in a series of similar Beginner level practice video lessons highlighting Present tense irregular Spanish verbs.
Please try to watch the video first before looking at the lesson notes. Answers to all tasks involved in the lesson will be given at the end of the post. Try not to look at the answers until you have tried a good few times to give your own responses.
This lesson practices the information taught in Beginner Spanish Lesson 54: Present tense irregular Spanish verbs which change first person from my Beginner Spanish Course.
Contesta las siguientes preguntas:
Answer the following questions:
(For example, if I say: “¿Conoces a Roberto?” which means “Do you know Roberto?” and afterwards I say “Answer that you do”, you should say “Sí, conozco a Roberto” which means “Yes, I know Roberto”)
1. ¿Traduce usted el libro? (answer that you do not)
2. ¿Sales por la noche? (answer that you do)
3. ¿Sabe usted dónde está el Banco Santander? (answer that you do not)
4. ¿Oyes bien? (answer that you do not)
5. ¿Cuándo vienen ustedes? (el martes)
6. ¿Dónde ponéis los libros? (en la mesa)
7. ¿Hace usted una tarta? (answer that you do not)
8. ¿Dice usted “Buenos días” por la mañana? (answer that you do)
1. No, no traduzco el libro
2. Sí, salgo por la noche
3. No, no sé dónde está el Banco Santander
4. No, no oigo bien
5. Venimos el martes
6. Ponemos los libros en la mesa
7. No, no hago una tarta
8. Sí, digo “Buenos días” por la mañana