This lesson is part of the Beginner Spanish Practice Course
(58 Spanish video or mp3 lessons. 2 hrs 28 mins)
This is an interactive Spanish video where you have the opportunity to practice Spanish at beginner level with a native Spanish speaker.
In this Spanish lesson you have the opportunity to practice Spanish verbs that are irregular in present tense, specifically Spanish verbs which change an E to I such as Pedir, Servir, and Vestirse. This is the third in a series of similar Beginner level practice video lessons highlighting Spanish verbs that are irregular in present tense. There are a few fairly simple rules that you need to be aware of and we learned these in detail in the Beginner Spanish Course. Here I will put you in a series of situations where you will need to remember and use such irregular Spanish verbs correctly according to the specific person in present tense. Let’s see how much you remember from the Beginner Course theory lessons!
Please try to watch the video first before looking at the lesson notes. Answers to all tasks involved in the lesson will be given at the end of the post. Try not to look at the answers until you have tried a good few times to give your own responses.
This lesson practices the information taught in Beginner Spanish Lesson 53: Spanish verbs that are irregular in present tense (E-I) from my Beginner Spanish Course.
Contesta las siguientes preguntas:
Answer the following questions:
(For example, if I say: “¿A qué hora se viste Lola?” which means “What time does Lola get dressed?” and afterwards I say “A las ocho”, you should say “Lola se viste a las ocho” which means “Lola gets dressed at eight”)
1. ¿Qué pides en la cafetería? (un café con leche)
2. ¿El camarero sirve pescado? (answer that he does)
3. ¿A qué hora se viste usted? (a las siete)
4. ¿Qué sirves? (tortilla de patata)
5. ¿Piden ustedes dos cervezas? (answer that you do)
6. ¿Dónde pedís un café? (en el bar)
7. ¿Cuándo te vistes? (por la mañana)
8. ¿Los camareros sirven comida? (answer that they do)
1. Pido un café con leche
2. Sí, el camarero sirve pescado
3. Me visto a las siete
4. Sirvo tortilla de patata
5. Sí, pedimos dos cervezas
6. Pedimos un café en el bar
7. Me visto por la mañana
8. Sí, los camareros sirven comida