This lesson is part of the Beginner Practice Spanish Course
(58 Spanish video or mp3 lessons. 2 hrs 28 mins)
This is an interactive Spanish video where you get the chance to practice your Spanish at beginner level with a native Spanish speaker.
In this Spanish lesson we will practice more things related to introducing yourself in Spanish and exchanging pleasantries – specifically how to spell your name in Spanish and how to ask someone how to spell their name in Spanish. In the original theory Spanish lesson on the Spanish alphabet we learned how to pronounce the Spanish letters correctly from A to Z. Let’s see how much you remember!
Please try to watch the video first before looking at the lesson notes. Answers to all tasks involved in the lesson will be given at the end of the post. Try not to look at the answers until you have tried a good few times to give your own responses.
This lesson practices the information taught in Beginner Spanish Lesson 5: The Alphabet in Spanish from my Beginner Spanish Course.
Please, answer the following questions:
1. How do you ask someone to spell their first name in a friendly way?
2. How do you ask someone to spell their surname in a formal way?
I will now say a few names and I would like you to spell them in Spanish.
For example: “Robert”: R O B E R T
3. ¿Cómo se escribe “Patricia”?
4. ¿Cómo se escribe “David”?
5. ¿Cómo se escribe “William”?
6. ¿Cómo se escribe “Elizabeth”?
7. ¿Cómo se escribe “Heather”?
8. ¿Cómo se escribe “Simon”?
1. ¿Cómo se escribe tu nombre?
2. ¿Cómo se escribe su apellido?
3. P A T R I C I A
4. D A V I D
5. W I L L I A M
6. E L I Z A B E T H
7. H E A T H E R
8. S I M O N