This lesson is part of the Beginner Practice Spanish Course
(58 Spanish video or mp3 lessons. 2 hrs 28 mins)
This is an interactive Spanish video where you get the chance to practice speaking Spanish at beginner level with a native Spanish speaker.
In this Spanish lesson we will practice some essential Spanish vocabulary and phrases that you will need when you are out and about speaking Spanish in the street. This lesson looks at asking and giving directions in Spanish and how to understand what someone tells you when you ask them which way to go. This is one of the most useful Spanish skills to acquire before visiting a Spanish speaking country, along with knowing how to manage at the doctor’s, how to manage in a bar, how to manage in a restaurant, etc. If you find yourself in a Spanish speaking country and you get lost, ill, thirsty or hungry you will be extremely thankful that you genned up on, at the very least, the relevant essential Spanish vocabulary and phrases.
Please try to watch the video first before looking at the lesson notes. Answers to all tasks involved in the lesson will be given at the end of the post. Try not to look at the answers until you have tried a good few times to give your own responses.
This lesson practices the information taught in Beginner Spanish Lesson 11: Giving and understanding directions in Spanish from my Beginner Spanish Course.
Please answer the following questions:
1. How do you ask someone where the street called “Mayor” is?
2. How do you ask someone where the avenue called “Diagonal” is?
Please give the following directions in Spanish:
3. The second on the right
4. The third on the left
5. Straight on, at the end of the street
Now, tell me these directions in English:
6. Todo recto, la primera a la derecha
7. La cuarta a la derecha, al final de la calle
8. La tercera a la izquierda
1. ¿Dónde está la calle Mayor?
2. ¿Dónde está la avenida Diagonal?
3. La segunda a la derecha
4. La tercera a la izquierda
5. Todo recto, al final de la calle
6. Straight on, the first on the right
7. The fourth on the right, at the end of the street
8. The third on the left