This lesson is part of the Beginner Practice Spanish Course
(58 Spanish video or mp3 lessons. 2 hrs 28 mins)
This is an interactive Spanish video where you get the chance to practice your Spanish skills at beginner level with a native Spanish speaker.
In this Spanish lesson we will practice meeting and greeting in Spanish – how to say hello to someone in Spanish and exchange pleasantries. You will practice how to greet at different times of the day, how to ask people how they are in Spanish, how to describe how you are feeling and how to say see you later or goodbye in Spanish.
Please try to watch the video first before looking at the lesson notes. Answers to all tasks involved in the lesson will be given at the end of the post. Try not to look at the answers until you have tried a good few times to give your own responses.
This lesson practices the information taught in the Beginner Spanish Lesson 1: Meeting and greeting in Spanish from my Beginner Spanish Course.
Please, answer the following questions:
1. How do you say hello to someone in Spanish?
2. How do you say your name in Spanish? My name is… or I am called…
3. How do you ask someone their name in a formal way in Spanish?
4. How do you ask someone their name in a friendly way in Spanish?
5. How do you greet someone in the afternoon in Spanish?
6. How do you ask how another person is in a friendly way in Spanish?
7. If a person says to you “¿Cómo está usted?” what will you answer in Spanish?
8. Tell me two ways to say goodbye to someone in Spanish
2. Me llamo
3. ¿Cómo se llama?
4. ¿Cómo te llamas?
5. Buenas tardes
6. ¿Cómo estás? / ¿Qué tal?
7. (Possible answer) Muy bien
8. Adiós / Hasta luego